Director of Engineering
At a time when police and community relationships are tested more than ever before, law enforcement agencies are looking for every opportunity to provide great service.
SPIDR Tech has built the world’s first automated customer service platform for law enforcement. Our platform interacts with 911 callers and victims of crime by
communicating with them directly to keep them updated and gather their feedback. Through our customer deployments, our platform already serves over 2 million Americans.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Engineering who can manage and support our engineering team while they build and maintain product. The right candidate for
this job is a manager first and an engineer second. They would be working in our Manhattan Beach headquarters and reporting directly to our CEO.
- Manage a team of mid to senior level software engineers.
- Design and build robust, scalable software, and APIs in Ruby for the Engage™ platform.
- Employ and enforce a product management methodology that optimizes engineering effectiveness.
- Improve code quality, provide technical guidance, manage pull requests, and code reviews.
- Identify bottlenecks, bugs and security issues, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Interface directly with product manager and sales team.
- Coordinate with DevOps, infrastructure, and deployment operations being conducted concurrently by the CTO.
- Improve automated test suites and quality assurance processes.
- Proactively reduce technical debt.
- 6+ years of hands-on coding and software design experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams.
- Extensive experience with Ruby on Rails and comparable frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of PostgreSQL (or equivalent RDBMS) desired.
- Appreciation for UX and security.
- Experience with military or public safety industry is not required but would be a plus.
- Experience with enterprise SaaS is not required but would be a plus.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Competitive stock option package
- Beach office workplace with remote possibility
- Ability to positively impact millions of crime victims and 911 callers
- Ability to improve relationships between law enforcement agencies and communities
- Exposure to law enforcement through events and ride-alongs
We’re changing how law enforcement interacts with their customers, and we need your help!